Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Breakfast Adventures: Scrambled Eggs with New Potatoes

OK.  First things first, this title is not descriptive enough.  These were not simply New Potatoes and Scrambled Eggs, more like Ham, Onions, Red Peppers and New Potatoes with Scrambled Eggs and Cheese.  But that doesn't just roll off the tongue, does it?  No.  This recipe needs a new name.  HOCRPP and Eggs might work, but it looks kinda like Holy Crap, but these were simply not that awesome.  Egg and Veggie Scramble?  Everything but the Kitchen Sink Eggs?  I'm open to suggestions.

This recipe was a little more time consuming since a lot of things had to be chopped.  And when things take time, my Judah boy hears the call of the playroom and MUST answer it.  There are boats to be sailed and cars to crash, for the Love!  So that left me and my gal.  My right hand gal.  My best helper.  She's awesome.  In truth, it is for her that I keep making these recipes.  She is the one who enjoys this the most.  I think it is her love language.  Quality time and shared experience.  She's all about it!

Scrambled Eggs with New Potatoes
Look what a good chopper she is!

Scrambled Eggs with New Potatoes
I can often call the boy back in for some egg cracking.  He still likes doing that more than playing cars.  Sorta.  Maybe.  Cars are still his favorite.

Scrambled Eggs with New Potatoes
Look at all this stuff we had to chop!!

Scrambled Eggs with New Potatoes
The final scramble of Onions, Peppers, Potatoes, Ham, Eggs and Cheese.

And now for the best part.  How the kids felt about it.  I will let the photos speak for themselves.

Scrambled Eggs with New Potatoes
Cora

Scrambled Eggs with New Potatoes
Judah

Scrambled Eggs with New Potatoes
Peter


I left out the peppers for Matt's and he ate it.  Begrudgingly.  With ketchup.  When I asked him if he gave it a star, he said NO.  When I asked him what he didn't like about it, he said, "It's New.  I like what we always have."

And then I giggled because it reminded me of Grug from the Croods, who said, "Don't eat it!  It's NEW!"

And then I thought how Matt and I are so different because NEW is my favorite.

And then I remembered my irrefutable rule about cooking for small children and toddlers.  They may like EVERY SINGLE INGREDIENT in the dish (and they do) you are cooking, separately, but when you cook them together, YUCK.  The pictures don't lie. This dish was a "Yuck" for everyone except me.  The lover of NEW.

Final Rating: 1 Star



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...