Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fairy Tales can come true, it can happen to you, if you bank with us…

So shortly after the New Year I got a cryptic call from my bank and they said I’d won a bike. I did actually put my name in the box to win it, but since I never win anything, I figured, OK…what’s the catch. “No catch!” they said. Hmmm. Still doubtful, I went to get my bike.
They made me wait for an hour or so and then handed me a huge box and a little box. The bike came unassembled! And in the little box was a helmet and a gift card for $50 so I could have it assembled. Humph! I have tools. How hard can it be?
So I put it together. I should say it was not difficult at all, but the wheel was all wonky and had to be taken in to my local bike shop anyway to be trued. But here it is, all green and shiny! The geek says I should keep it pristine and green, but JM (my neighbor) says that I should stick groovy East Nashville stickers all over it. What do you think? BTW, isn’t it very retro? It’s made by Schwinn!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...