Friday, January 04, 2008

To Do:

1. Make the house not so cold without cranking the furnace 24/7...I have weather stripping stuffed in every possible crack and cranny and STILL it is cold in here. The gas bill was just under $300! Yipe!!
2. Return library books. Nashville Public Library lets me cancel my book fines with a canned item per $1 owed from now until the 6th of January. And I think I owe a lot! I'm a little forgetful when it comes to library books. Especially the ones that have house repair pages I use every week or so. I don't want to give them back! I really should just suck it up and buy them. I'll need them as long as I have a house. Sigh.
3. Install new cook-top. Oh the joys of landlord-ship. The cook-top I bought (used) for the cottage, bit the dust and I've not been able to get the thing working again. So it's time to get a new (used) one and install it. Re-wiring is required for this project since oddly enough the last cook-top was made for 120V. I know. My electrician was baffled by that too. This project is electrician supervised, but Musician labor. Double Yipe!
4. Go back to work. Dave says I should. At least my interpretation of what Dave says. I AM able to work, am not currently recording or touring (or being paid to be the musician) I have to go back to work for that same Huge Institution Type University that keeps having temp jobs for me to do. Sigh again.
5. Register to vote. In our new location.
6. Vehicle Registration...oops.
7. Pack away Christmas doo-dads.
8. Take down the tree. It was a good run, giant tree, but I'm tired of watering you. Besides, you'll be going to a better home making someone's plants grow big and strong as opposed to providing entertainment for my insane cat. Who thinks it's his personal job to seek and destroy all things dangley and window blinds. Window blinds especially. And then sleep on the back of the chair like so. And wake me up in the morning by jumping on the bed, walking up the entire length of my body, perching on my chest all the while saying any of the following "me me row", "marooo", "mah", "meh", "mrauwoo" and then placing a paw upon my face until I open my eyes. (These are all direct Gizmo quotes) Besides, I don't think the little stuffed snow man can take much more. He's lost his nose, his scarf, his clove buttons and his dignity.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm tagging you. The info is on my page...

Allison said...

Where are you??? Miss you very well written blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...