Thursday, July 07, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

After last year's "sparkly stars", we were determined to take Cora (and by default, Judah) to the fireworks for Independence Day.  So we packed up the kiddos, and dinner, and blankets and spent the day outside, enjoying friends and a wonderful cookout.  Then when the sun went down, we were treated to some beautiful fireworks and one of the sweetest scenes, as a mother, I've ever seen.  I took a video of Cora, in her Papa's lap, which is such a safe place, of when the first fireworks started to go, but it is far too big to upload here.  At the first one, her mouth dropped open and her hand came up to her mouth in absolute surprise.   I think she liked it.  (Judah did too!) The she and her Papa went to get a better view.  (and to unknowingly give me one of my favorite photos of them.  Ever.)  

So Happy Independence Day folks, and I just gotta say, I am so grateful to be living in this country!
Fireworks on the 4th of July
Fireworks on the 4th of July
Fireworks on the 4th of July
Fireworks on the 4th of July

1 comment:

jmholloway said...

That last picture is really cool. Frame quality! I LOVE the tea party stuff too. Your kids are absolutely adorable. What a good mommy youare to spend individual time with them. How blessed they are to have you!

Mindi :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...