Sunday, May 10, 2009

to be called Mama

The day is drawing to a close and I have had a great one. Time with hubby, a little bit of church (left early with baby bear and I feeling a bit feverish), yummy breakfast, a fancy dinner out last night and best of all, a baby bear of my own who calls me Mama (or will some day).

I turned to the Geek today and thanked him for making me a mama. I thanked God for this precious gift and gazed in wonder at this tiny girl, who is the reason I am celebrated today. It's a precious and scary thing to be called Mama. It's a lot to live up to! I know I can't do it on my own. I have to rely on Someone bigger than myself. That is my nightly prayer over sleeping babe. That I may lean on God and somehow, through all my faults, failings and flaws, teach her about His love. That I may live a life that points to Jesus. Not a perfect life, but one that can be used to lead this little one to Him.

Here's our Mother's Day photos taken at MOMS club. I'm so grateful to finally be IN a photo with the bug. I'm usually the photographer! (I swear this child will think her Papa is the only one who ever held her if she goes according to photos)


And finally a big kiss and hug across the miles to my own Mama. The most amazing woman I've ever known. I love you Mama!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, mama is to be number one in the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...