Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rain, Rain, I guess gardens need you, but after that, GO AWAY!

Today seems like it never began! It was never morning, just one shade of ick all day long. Now it's 5pm and it's the same color outside that it was this morning, and at noon. Yuck. Plus I cannot figure out this baby girl. She's tired, but doesn't want to sleep. She's hungry, but won't eat. If I hold her, she wants down, if I put her down, she's ok for a few minutes and then crying again. AAARG!

I'm struggling with sleep training(if you can even call it that) through all of this. For the last nearly 5 months of her life, if she needed me, she cried and I came to her. Now, I let her fuss it out, or sometimes cry it out. Last night, I felt as if I was breaking trust with her. Now some part of her knows I won't come if she cries and it hurts my little mama heart. I know she needs to learn to fall asleep on her own at some point, but it just breaks my heart to hear her cry. When I finally go get her, she cries like her feelings are hurt! Oh I can't take it! Now she's finally asleep and I want to go get her, snuggle her, and tell her how much I love her! But how does she know I mean it? There are many opinions out there about this and I don't know what mine is yet, but I know that I'm sad about this stage. She's my tiny girl! And yet not so tiny any more.

1 comment:

The Morginskys said...

hey! hope things are getting a bit easier...we are still trying to teach abraham how to sleep on his own...and he is 9 months! yikes! a book i LOVE is baby whisperer...she has a great method to train babes but not break trust. anyway, thought i would pass on the book name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...