Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter Dress - long overdue

I did actually get this done for Easter Sunday, but Cora was sick that day with a 104 fever and we didn't go anywhere.  So finally, I got her to model it for me.  The pattern was a Vintage 50's pattern #2392 by Simplicity, but as patterns go, was not so great.  I ended up doing a lot of modifications.  I guess in the interest of keeping it 'simple', this pattern cut a lot of corners and left a lot of inside raw edges exposed.  Even though I had read through the pattern, I'm a 'learn by doing' learner so I had to rip out a lot of things to get the inside to look nice too, or at least not be itchy.  Also the sizing was pretty off.  Cora is small, but still was squarely within the weight measurements for the 18 month size.  As I looked at it, I decided to go with the Medium (12 month) and when I got the bodice done, even that was huge!!  More cutting down and modifying.  Sigh.  It was worth it for how cute she looked in it.  It also came with a bonnet, but she staunchly refuse to wear that, except backwards and untied.  I'll spare you the photos of that and of the howling that ensued when I made her stand barefoot in the grass.

Easter Dress 2010

Easter Dress 2010

Easter Dress 2010

Easter Dress 2010

3 comments:

Jaime said...

It's adorable! I love it! Such sweet fabric and such a cute dress. Great job!

Erin said...

She looks so sweet in the violets.

Beth said...

Oh the piping is lovely. Are the scallops at the bottom trim that you sewed on? Those really are bell sleeves, aren't they? I love it. And I love her in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...