Saturday, July 18, 2009

Undertaking

'Cause I might die in the process. No, seriously.

My friend Melanie and I are taking up the daunting (for me - you may be in perfect shape to do this) task of walking a half marathon. Here is our training schedule. I figure if I talk about it, I won't chicken out. We are gonna be walking the St Jude half marathon in Memphis, December 5th and I'm very intimidated by this.

I'm not one of those type A folks who sets a plan and gets it done. I'm more type B, or Type C (if there was a more slacker version of type B, it would be type C). So this is a pretty big undertaking for me. I'll be posting my progress as I go. And let me just say, in closing, HOLY CRAP, I must be out of my mind!!

2 comments:

Kendra & Tobin Kirk said...

Your not crazy...running it would be crazy but not walking. Call me when you go walk and hopefully I can go with you. Angus needs the exercise too...weighed him on the wii tonight and he weighs 16.9 lbs, ouch! He should be about 13-14.

Thesupermanns said...

Way to go girl.....that is a LOT of walking and no small thing. YOU CAN DO IT.....wahoo...you may have to buy a new pair of tennis shoes in the process

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...