Friday, March 14, 2008

Ooo! Ooo! Pick me!! I know the way!


I don't know the way, but I had something fun happen the other night. My neighbor and I were at our neighborhood association meeting and there was a new couple and I kept looking at the guy without trying to stare, because I could have sworn I'd met him somewhere. (awkward! He was there with his fiance'. Didn't want to look like a stalker type or like I was "checking him out"). This happens to me often, not the stalker aside, but the thinking I know someone part, and if you read my "about me" section and take a look at the people we "drag into the fray" you'll know why.

After we met our new neighbors and the guy said his name was Jett. Not from the blog "Letter to America"?! Yup. From that blog. Small world, no? I'd just been listening to his podcast a few days before about one of my favorite local eating spots "I Dream of Weenie,"and I happened upon his blog because I was looking for pictures of East Nashville covered in snow. I found his flickr photos and then eventually, his blog. Interesting take on things. He and his fiance' seem very nice and it's always good to have people who care about the hood.

As for the title, I was thinking...what a small world that I'd meet this person in real life, then I thought of the song "It's a small world after all," then that reminded me of "Welcome to Dulac" from Shrek and of course the scene where Donkey is jumping up saying...well, you know. My post title. I really AM a linear thinker, just not on the line YOU were thinking of. It's what makes me "the musician" rather than "the geek."

1 comment:

Mel said...

Some lines are just more twisty than others...ha, ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...