Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Good-bye sweet, sweet freedom


On March 3rd, I'll go from being a footloose and fancy free temp to being permanent part-time at this big ol' institution type university.

Pros:
Steady work
My very own office supplies!
Nice people
Office with a window
Possibility of traveling

Cons:
Steady work - shouldn't I have a trust fund somewhere? I am toooo full of creative ideas to push pencils!
No time for writing and no space for it in my brain either. One of the bad parts of having to be all organized, there is no space for angst - which makes for great songs (sometimes)
My dog in a crate every day for 8 hours
House a mess (who has time to clean?!)
Cooking food becomes a bother when I'm tired from being at work all day

I am a musician!! This is like signing my soul over to Satan! Whatever happened to the days where I could live on a Barista's wage? Oh... Right...
A house, broken cars, debt...sigh. I hate being a grownup some days.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow, congrats! You're gonna do great!
Maybe Freckles can come visit Cameron on some days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...