Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gook! and glorious autumn foliage

Cora has had a verbal explosion!  Her first word came out on Saturday and it was 'Thank you' (two words technically)!  And me, not wanting be replaced by manners, asked her if she could say 'Mama' and she did.  (Still no 'Papa' though.  He gets 'Lala') To which she quickly added 'Stop' (I guess I say that a lot, to the dog, to a wiggly baby on the changing table, to the cat, oh well), then 'dog' and 'no' and even a sly little sing songy 'love you' which I said to her as I put her down for her nap yesterday and she repeated  back!  Then as we were reading her a book before bedtime she came out with 'gook' for book.  Today she has been crawling over to books and saying 'gook, gook, gook'.  Very fun.  We now have a talker on our hands!

Here's some gorgeousness from this past weekend. We went for a walk in Centennial Park and soaked up the sun and all of the beauty of trees still turning in this oddly prolonged season of fall foliage.





1 comment:

Mel said...

You take the best pictures! I can't believe that chicita is talking...I can't wait to get a listen for myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...