Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful :: My parents were (and still are) awesome


It's a great week to give thanks.  I have to remind myself sometimes that I have a lot to be grateful for.  I'll do some 'Thankful' posts this week as Thanksgiving approaches.  This post is inspired by a site called 'My Parents Were Awesome'. Which is a beautiful tribute to parents and how cool they once were!

I love these photos of my parents and even how they go together in opposing black and white.  We've come a long way as a family, through very rough patches and more.  At the center were two people who stayed together, no matter what.  And there was a lot of 'what' that happened.  I'm grateful for that.  Thankful that though doing the right thing was often the hardest thing, both personally and relationally, they chose that, not just for us, but for themselves.  And they continue to grow in beauty and richness as people.  (Here's a recent article about the work my Mama does.)  I am thankful to have such amazing people in my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...