Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Camera

I've been asked about my camera several times now and I think I need to let you know about it.  Let me just say that it is really hard to take a picture of a camera without another camera and without showing off my spotty bathroom mirror.  So this photo was taken with my phone. 


Here it is, in all of it's 4.5 megapixel glory!  Yes, laugh now.  I know.  It's a piece of crap.  It's a Nikon Coolpix that is so old they don't even sell them any more.  4.5 megapixels!!  Really.  It's sad.  The ring has come off of the lens.  The battery door won't stay shut.  It's downright raggedy! I've been saving for a new one, but every time I get close to having enough, something else happens and the money goes toward that.  So me and my trusty old coolpix trudge on. 

Yet, it's not too bad because I get lots of compliments on my photos.  I do have some secrets though and I'll share them with you.
1. I take about 40 gillion photos of things I want to capture, just to get it right.  Because, hey, it's digital and it's not like I'm wasting film.
2. The details are more fun than the big picture.
3. Never, ever, ever use the flash.  (unless you life depends on it)
4. You can always fix the colors in a photo editor and it doesn't have to be a fancy one like Photoshop.  I often use Windows XP photo viewer!

I also have to say this is about making use of what I have.  Someday I'll have a fancy camera, but I'm not there.  If I wait to take pictures until I can do it perfectly with the perfect gear, then I'll never do it at all.  It's now what you have, it's how you use what you have!   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...