Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Holiday Kitchen :: Pies

This post was supposed to be on Wednesday of last week, when I was baking up a storm, but the day got away from me as packing to leave that night took over and then the week got away from me in the midst of food, fun, and family.  Then, as I posted yesterday, I got sick, so everything else got away from me as I convalesced.  This is one of 2 today, since today is the day we start our Advent readings!




Pie.  I love pie. I've been in charge of pies since I was a girl and Mama had me make my first pumpkin pie.  It turned out so well, I got promoted to pie maker for holidays, and I love making them!  I follow classic recipes from Joy of Cooking for all of my holiday pies.  I've always said, don't mess with a classic! (And the lack of leftovers is proof)  I'd post the recipe, but I'm pretty sure it would be a copyright violation, so I'll post pictures of the beautiful pies I took to Thanksgiving dinner. 

1 comment:

Mel said...

It is a beautiful pie! And I have to tell you that you take incredible pictures, too. Food, kiddo, landscapes...they're all fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...