Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's not Christmas without it.

The stockings are hung, the presents wrapped, we have be-glittered everything that will stand still, the turkey is defrosting in the fridge, the pies are being baked one by one, the Christmas tablecloth bedecks the table with pine branches, homemade tea lights, and pine cones we found on our walk today (and glittered, because we can! And by 'we', I mean me, while Cora played with the glitter tubes).


But it's just not Christmas until we have put out the Psychedelic Snowman.  Here's a bit about where he came from and a photo of him from when he still had two arms.  So sad!  I just have to buy some resin glue and some brown paint and he'll be as good as new.

When we decorated earlier this  month, I wasn't the one who brought up the holiday stuff from the basement (you are the best, honey!), so I thought he was lost!  (Matt swears 'he' is really a 'she' snowman because of the outfit, but I digress).  So after weeks of casually digging through closets upstairs, I finally realized I was looking on the wrong floor of the house.  And there it was, on a shelf in the basement.  And now, our holiday is complete.  What weird or funny or unusual holiday traditions (or decorations) do you have?  Share!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I greatly enjoy peeking into your world. Your poetic moments are especially inspiring to me.

I have a canister you left at my apartment back in 1999. I keep lentils and brown rice in it, but it always makes me think of you and our college days when I open it. So, we had lentil soup tonight, and I thought of you.

Thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...