Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just the facts...

Today came at me sideways, so here it is, 10pm and I am just getting around to writing a bit.  I have no pretty photos to offer, no deals, no craft projects, no witty conversations to recount.  Just me, grateful for the end of the day.  I realize more and more how broken and in need of something bigger than myself I am.  Just last night I was talking about how I am who I don't want to be.  I wake up with resentment in my mouth and then wake my sweet husband up with that resentment spewing out.   Not a pretty sight and who the heck wants to wake up to that?!  I did it again today.  Blame in on being tired, blame it on PMS, whatever.  It's not the girl I want to be and yet, I am that girl sometimes. 

I was so grateful for good conversation last night as I met with my neighborhood group (an extension of my church) and we reminded each other of the overarching story that began before time.  I got lost in the minutia of the details of my life today, but kind friends gently brought me back to center where I could show love again.  I am so grateful to bump up against that kind of truth in you beautiful people.  Thank you.  And now...(finally) Goodnight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...