Friday, September 19, 2008

Sigh

funny pictures
more animals

It's one of those days. Even pirates can't cheer me up. Everything seems big and ominous and my cup, which is usually at LEAST half full seems to be missing entirely. Things, on the outside, don't seem that bad, I'm healthy, fed, clothed, housed, and there's money in the bank, but I sometimes rely on my relationships with others too much to fill me up, which is an nice way of saying I can be a bit of an emotional tick.

TLC twittered me this this morning: God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. - Psalm 73:26 Sometimes I forget who goes in the place of the noun in that sentence and I start substituting words like The Geek, A paycheck, My girlfriends, Being free from debt, etc. I know in my head who needs to say in that place, but my heart is desperate and wild and runs far from true safety. I guess I need to spend some time reminding myself today of who is truly the strength of my heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...