Friday, August 15, 2008

I need to laugh and when the sun is out, I got something I can laugh about

I feel good. In a special way. I'm in love and it's a sunny day. ~ Paul McCartney of the Beatles (although credited to both)

You gotta admit, without John to angst him out, Paul is just a leeeettle too cheerful for grownups. Although, admittedly, the songs get stuck in your head. (Ebony and Ivory? Silly love songs? - eeek!)

Just thought I'd share some things:

A shirt I should get for the geek:

























Cause you know they do!!

A shirt I should get for me. Cause if you can't laugh at your own clothes, everybody else will.











Things that made me laugh this week:
If you haven't heard of this, click right on over.
Here's what it's all about:
"Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb."
Jon's got issues. You' d never know unless you removed his foil from the strip. Check it out and giggle at the irony. http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/

This guy's blog of sorts (anyone who has a daily DeLorian gets my vote.) Plus, talk about some off the wall music to start your day. He posted some bit of crazy at 6:05 this morning!

This one, not so much laughing as just enjoying. Quirky bits of humanity amuse me.

And because nothing beats inane puppy and kitty pictures:
Loldogs and lolcats make them a part of a balanced breakfast!

This past Sunday, The Geek and I were out to breakfast and he muttered a curse word across the table and looked at me funny. Then he pulled out of his mouth...a tooth. (Don't worry diners, it was his own) When he was 10, one of his teeth refused to grow in. An x-ray must have revealed that a grown up version did not exist. He had a false one glued to the two teeth that surround the gap and you'd never know unless you took him to play GloGolf, because false teeth don't show up white like regular teeth in black lights. That tooth had fallen out. "Not to worry."you say..."A quick trip to the dentist will fix it up!" Not when your dentist is on vacation for the next 11 days! So The Geek has been making the goofiest of faces and occasionally laughing a Goofy kind of laugh while sticking out his teeth in a 'bubba teeth' sorta way. It's been an amusing week. You'd never notice it when he talks 'cause his teeth don't really show while he talks, but it has been a source of giggles for the two of us when he says things for effect, now with 'less toof.' He's such a sweet hill billy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...