Thursday, August 07, 2008

Remember when things were simpler?

The Olympics used to be a thing I could watch and enjoy without having all of the ensuing political implications and knowledge behind it all.

Lego representation of the Water Cube in
Beijing, China (Pretty cool...eh? To see them all go here)

Now I watch it with images of protesters, foreign policies, censorship, and human rights violations galore!

Oh for the innocence and the grandeur of it all. I hope I can help my little bean hold on to that for awhile.

(Fireworks kick off the opening ceremony of the 26th Luoyang Peony fair in Luoyang, in central China's Henan province, as part the continuous celebrations to welcome the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images)


Olympic Stadium - Greece

1 comment:

The Velvet Trunk said...

Sweet pictures!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...